On Friday, the first of this Ramadan, tens of thousands of anti-regime protesters took to the street to denounce Ali Abdullah Saleh's regime, August 5, 2011.
Source: Press TV
Yemeni opposition parties have denied holding talks with the ruling party of Ali Abdullah Saleh, as the country continues to be the scene of growing violence.
UN envoy Jamal bin Omar had earlier given the opposition parties a week-long deadline to resolve the country's ongoing deadlock, a Press TV correspondent reported.
The opposition said on Saturday that a dialogue would only take place once Saleh has handed over power.
Meanwhile, a Saudi official speaking on condition of anonymity said on Saturday that Saleh has left the hospital in Saudi Arabia where he was receiving treatment for the injuries he suffered from a rocket attack on his palace in early June.
The official added that Saleh will remain in Riyadh for a recovery stage without disclosing a specific time period.
Anti-regime demonstrators have in his absence held regular peaceful mass rallies across the Middle Eastern country, demanding Saleh to step down without pre-conditions.
Forces loyal to Saleh have often resorted to brutal violence to disperse the peaceful anti-regime protesters.
The latest violence took place on Saturday when clashes erupted between Yemeni regime forces and opposition tribesmen in the southern city of Taizz. At least one died while several others were injured.
Hundreds of protesters have been killed and many more injured ever since Yemen's popular uprising began in late January.