Picture of a US Navy vessel passing the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor (file photo)
Source: Press TV
A political analyst says the US is the biggest violator of the self-written treaty that makes war unlawful unless attacked by another nation.
Before enumerating the most unlawful US wars in history, Carl Herman urges the American military and/or law enforcement to arrest the current American war criminals and prevent Washington from launching another war.
“The basis of law provides US military and all with Oaths to defend the US Constitution to refuse unlawful orders and act to arrest those who issue them,” Herman said.
1. The US has regularly violated treaties with Native Americans, as well as manipulating their meaning for the purpose of stealing their land.
2. In 1848, US President James Polk lied to Congress to start a war with Mexico, despite Abraham Lincoln's crystal-clear explanation as a member of Congress that the Adams-Onis Treaty placed the "border dispute" 400 miles within land forever promised to Mexico and forever promised as outside any US claim.
3. The US violated a treaty with Hawaii and stole their country in 1898.
4. The US entered in the First World War I on the basis that nothing should threatens America's national security and imprisoned the 3rd party Presidential candidates for questioning the war.
5. In the covert “Operation Ajax” the CIA overthrew the elected Iranian government led by Dr. Mohammad Mosaddegh and installed a US-friendly brutal dictator. When that dictator was overthrown and Iran refused another, the US aided Iraq to unlawfully attack Iran from 1980-1988, killing up to a million Iranians.
6. The Vietnam War occurred after the US allowed the cancellation of an election to unify the South Vietnam with North Vietnam.
7. The US reneged on promises of freedom after the Spanish American War to impose its rule on the Philippines and install US-friendly dictators in Cuba.
8. The US and NATO promoted the war in Kosovo based on short-term military and casualty reports that were later found highly inaccurate.
9. After the September 11 attacks, the US army with the help of NATO invaded Afghanistan under the pretext of combating terrorism and locating Osama Bin Laden, which is now the longest military conflict in US history.
10. The entire world now knows that all “reasons” for war with Iraq were known to be false as they were told, according to Congressional reports.
Herman says that the "reasons" for war with Iran are as false as the "reasons" for war with Iraq and warns American to beware of another so called “defensive” war under false pretexts.