Saturday, July 2, 2011

'Flotilla en route to Gaza despite threats'



Source: Press TV
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/187038.html

Despite the many threats to confront the activists onboard the Freedom Flotilla II, organizers have said they will go ahead with their attempt to break the siege.

One of the chief organizers said Israel issues repeated threats against the flotilla because it is afraid of the truth, a Press TV correspondent reported.

He further added that the plan to get humanitarian aid and construction material into Gaza was a non-violent effort.

Israel's Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, however, speaking on an Israeli radio program on Tuesday called the activists “hardcore terror activists.”

"No one doubts the intention of those people... they will be onboard several boats. But I am sure we will cope with them," he said.

Israel's security cabinet has ordered the navy to use all possible means to prevent the incoming international aid flotilla from reaching the coastal enclave.

On Thursday, the Irish Ship to Gaza (ISG) campaign said its ship had been "sabotaged in a dangerous manner" in the port of Gocek in southwestern Turkey.

Flotilla members earlier reported that a joint Greek-Swedish-Norwegian boat had also been sabotaged with serious damage to its propeller.

The Freedom Flotilla II departed for the impoverished strip on Tuesday.

The mission is named after the first such convoy, which lost nine of its Turkish activists in a violent Israeli attack on May 31, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post. Please consider sharing it on Facebook or Twitter for a wider discussion.

English FA Cup 2017/18